Thursday, March 20, 2008

Oscar-Dodger



I have a 16 yr old Daschund named Oscar. He has a bad back, allergies, no teeth and some type of reoccuring fungus that makes him miserable. Recently he started to limp but did not seem to be in any pain. He had a problem walking when he first got up in the morning and would not put his paw on the floor. I carried him to the back door so he could do his duty and helped him get back in the house. We had to build him a step cause the patio and the doorway were to high and with the bad back he could not get in .

Anyway, took "Old Man" ( he is 112) to the vet and they told me he had hurt is elbow. OMG--do dogs have elbows??? His little front legs are only like 3 inches long. Where are his elbows??? They do not know if it Arthur (he's 112), a pulled tendon or maybe a bone spur. How big a spur can you have on a leg that is 3 inches long.

As you can see, he is grey ( he use to be brown), has a hump in his back, not many teeth and is wide across the middle. Just like his Mama and Daddy.....

2 comments:

Robin said...

He's a handsome fellow and sounds great for 112 going on 113.

I didn't know dogs had elbows, either, but their legs do bend halfway up, so I guess they must!

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Wow - and I call myself a dog lover - I didn't know they had elbows.
He's a cutie-pa-tootie for sure. Give him a hug from my Braxton (he's 54) and Lulu (she's a HOT 28 year old!)
Colleen