Tuesday, August 5, 2008

When did that happen???


As I was buying a Diet drink and a 90 calories snack for break at work, I dropped some of my change on the floor. As I bent(alright I said it...BENT)over to pick it up...I realized I had become my grandmother.

OMG....When did that happen???
When did I get so stiff I could not SQUAT DOWN and pick something up off the floor??

Couldn't I squat yesterday??? Surely it was only yesterday..I remember squatting !!!

When I was a kid and we went to my grandparent's house for the summer....my sister and I would make fun of my Grandmother bending at the waist--with her butt in the air--picking up something she had dropped.

We would run outside and die laughing at the sight......

I just did that...

Yep....bent at the waist...knee's and leg straight..with my butt stuck straight up in the air....in a public place!!!!

I DID NOT MEAN TO BEND IN PUB-LIC.....did any one see???

Here are my thoughts on not being able to SQUAT...
When I was young and limber and could bend so well at the knees:
I made fun of all those people who could not bend with the greatest of ease.

I thought it was OH so funny that they stooped from their waist to the floor;
With their butts so high in the air ..you could see the socks that they wore.

But now I am one of those people, whose knees just don’t want to bend;
And squatting is out of the question cause I’d never get up again.

So I have become my Grandmother , with my butt way up in the air,
Be careful of who you make fun of …..before long their fate you will share.

No comments: