Sunday, August 10, 2008

You want me to do what?????


Sometimes I forget that kids today do not work like we did when we were young. Grandson # 1(age almost 14) is wanting to buy a guitar. His parents told him he could have one but we would have to pay half. Smart move on thier part. This is him on the couch with Payten...they are the oldest and youngest of my grandkids...


I told him if he would weed eat the back yard(which is a jungle-apparently the people who lived here for 7 yrs were not yard people)I would pay him $ 20.00. I did not know that he had never used a weedeater, his Mom was the official weedeater of the house at 10.

Anyway, I showed him how to use the weedeater and sent him out to work. He came over in manly flip flop's and shorts. I ask him could he work in them and he said he could.


A few minutes later he came back in and ask if I had something he could wear. My grandson wears a size 10 shoe---his Paw Paw wears a 8 1/2...see a problem here? So I hooked him up with some of his Paw Paw's long socks and a pair of moccasins. I so should have gotten a picture.....
Out there a few minutes and back in...MiMi...do I have any deodorant here?? It's hot and I am sweating......
NO, but it will not do any good..you can just take a shower when you get done....

FINE... back outside he goes....

Out there a few minutes and back in the house....MiMi , there is a big bee out there...

Does he have a white face????
My grandson in his slow Southern drawl said....WELLLLL...it not like I am going to get close enough to see his face!!!!!!!

Go outside to check it out and is only a bee looking for pollen....assure grandson # 1 it is not a killer bee and he will bee (ha) fine....

Back to work........

Few minutes he is back......MiMi, there is this black thing with legs hanging down flying around out there....may be a wasp!!!!

No, wasp are red.

Could be a female wasp....you know they are the ugly ones....it a nature thing!!!!


Go out and check.....it's a dirt dobber (dauber if your not from the South)......


It's OK man...they will not hurt you....

HUH....that's what you say!!!!

2 hrs later the yard is weedeaten( is that a word) and he is ready to go home and take a shower.....

Ya just gotta love your grandkids.......

1 comment:

Betty said...

I just wanted to stop by and thank you for your kind comment on my blog post about our little Duffy. Losing them is so very hard; but, having them is so worth it!