Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Saw History Made


I, along with million of other people, watched as our first Black president took the oath of office as the President of the United States. I do not like the description African American, I agree with Whoopi Goldberg..were just Americans and our color or ethic background does not make us any more or any less American.

I saw the millions of people brave the cold with joy in thier faces and a sense of "We have finally made it" in thier hearts. I was a little disturbed because the press was really focused on the whole racial thing and that was not Obama's focus during the campaign. I know people find this hard to believe...but not all Southern people are prejudice or racist. I was raised by Southern parents(both from Louisiana)and was never brought up to believe that blacks were inferior in any way.I never raised my children to be racist and have no use for people that are. I personally think anybody that judges someone by the color of thier skin is an idiot. Being Black does not automatically make you bad just like being white does not automatically make you good.

There is no disputing the fact that the Black Man was abused and mistreated for far to many years. The changes initiated by John Kennedy were long past due...but that being said --this is a different time and a different era. Maybe this young, articulate, educated man can take us into a new era and heal the wounds that have been open far to long.........

1 comment:

anita said...

I watched on TV, 3000 miles away...how exciting you were able to go!