Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Yard Work-not exactly...weed control


This is the time of year when everybody's thought turns to thier yard and flowers. The house we live in has one of the ugliest yard in the world. It was let go for 7 years and half the backyard is briars and pine straw at least 6 inches thick. You cannot even get a mower through it because it is so thick. The only way to cut it is with a weedeater or hedge trimmers. So I decided to get in the yard last weekend and get rid of as much as I could. It drives me crazy.


Anyway,the weedeater ate my lunch. Both legs are cut. I have a blue spot on my knees where the tree got me and the yard looks a little better......no good by any stretch of the imagination. LOOKING PRETTY BAD THERE..BOO BOO!!!!!!! I tried to kill it last year with vinegar and salt, that what the power line people use sometimes, but it only worked for about a month and then it was back.



Our front yard is even worse...dirts with a few scraggly trees..fix it you say...not my house and the land lord does not care. All they want is the rent we pay each month.

We would buy one down here but not planning on staying and since Katrina and Ivan , if you can get home owners insurance...it has gone up an average of 300%. There are people loosing thier homes because they cannot pay thier insurance on thier house.

Planted my little garden...3 tomato plants in planter on the patio...also ugly..so we can at least have fresh tomatoes this summer......one day will have a really nice yard and a bigger garden......maybe

1 comment:

anita said...

yikes, your poor knees and legs! Our yard is much the same...overgrown and let go for years. Now I'm trying, little by little, to reclaim it. I've been working on weeding the same flower bed for two weeks now, but I'm almost done! Some nice weather would definitely help.