Sunday, July 13, 2008

Electronics are cool...when they work!!!!!!

I need to go to Walmart to pick up stuff for the week. I need to go to Bruno's and pick up diet soda for work. I need to go...I need to go...I need to go...

Purse, keys and cell phone are in the car ready to start the day....

There is only one problem...

Yep, my garage door opener is holding me and my car hostage. The door will not open!!!!


I first thought it was the battery in the door opener so got out my trusty tool and changed the battery.

I guess it is obvious that changing the battery did not work since I am blogging and not at Walmart. I checked the breaker to make sure all was ok there...no problems. I checked for power going to the unit..plugged the blower into the outlet the door opener is using....blew all the dust off the top of my car.

We had really bad weather here last night and lost power for about 2 hrs. Looked for a reset on the unit and found a button to push but it did not work either. The lights in the garage work but the light on the opener is dark..no life..no light...CRAP!!

Hubby is in Ft Walton at a bowling tournament...no help for a while.....daughter is on her way back from North Alabama...5 plus hrs there.....no transportation there.

I could ride my trusty lawnmower...like George Jones did when he got the DUI but guess where it is at......yep ...in the garage!!!!!!!!!

Guess I will just make some lunch and watch the Lifetime channel until help arrives...Have a good Sunday !!!!!!!

5 comments:

anita said...

You should be able to disconnect the door from the opener and open it manually. I have a string that hangs down from mine, with a handle on it. Pull on that handle and it disconnects the electric door opener. Then you just raise the door up by hand. See if that helps...

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

Since the chain has run all the way out on the carrier...the door hits the chain and will not open enough for me to get my car out. We have to take the unit apart and run the chian back up enough so it will open far enough for me to get the car out.......

Happyone said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog and taking the time to leave a comment.
I like the poem you wrote called Man.

Jan said...

So nice of you to stop by my blog!! I hope to be seeing you again soon!
I certainly hope by now you're out of the garage and all is well! : )
Hate it when electronics don't work as planned!
Take care!

Jan

Deb said...

You are too funny! I found you on Main Street Memories... This happened to me once.. I had to call a repairman and call into work late. Isn't it weird how we rely on our modern conveniences? I couldn't manage to pull the chain and release the door and lift it. The door was just too heavy for me.

I would like to add you to my “favorite reads” list. Would that be okay with you?

Deb