Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Summer Time...Summer Time....

Remember the old song??? Maybe not....anyway it is officially Summer in the south. Hot muggy days with hot muggy nights. 80's in the morning and upper 90's in the afternoon. And it is only going to get hotter.

The car is so hot when you get in it..you cannot touch the steering wheel. Guess that is not exclusive to the South....anyway I want to go to the Beach.

Because of the heat, the jellyfish are out in large numbers. For those of you who have never been stung by a jellyfish....they compare to a wasp sting or a yellow jacket only more intense.
Normally they are not bad until August but warnings have been out since June. Since they are clear...it's hard to see them in the water and they can still sting you out of the water if they are on the beach.

Off track...the beach is calling me and I have not been able to go all season...the jellyfish and the fact gas is over $ 4.00 a gallon.


I want to lay on the beach with a good book, a cold drink...and sunscreen...I want to to get in the salt water and let it wash all the aches and pains away....the ocean has magical powers...it's actually the gulf..but close enough.

Maybe next week!!!!!!

1 comment:

anita said...

Oh I love the beach...guess the lake will have to do for now! Not that I'm complaining!