Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Soap Box



When I came to work yesterday morning gas at the station across the street was $2.83, when I got off 8 hrs later gas was $2.99. Did I miss something in that 8 hrs period? Did we have a major hurricane or one of the refineries catch on fire. We have all these reserves we are saving for our great, great , great grandchildren(who will probably drive solar power vehicles) and we cannot afford to go to work or have any life because the extra we have is being put in the gas tank. These foreign countries are holding us hostage and the gas companies are making million in profit because we cannot open up Alaska or the gulf for enviromental reasons. When did we lose all of our common sense?

When I was a kid and the weather got really bad,dark and gloomy, my great grandmother would tell me God was crying because he was sad. When it rained and the sun was shining, she said they were happy tears......I wonder what kind of tears he is shedding now? We have so screwed up the world he made.....

2 comments:

anita said...

Your gas is only $2.99? I paid $3.19 yesterday. My budget is $50 a week for gas, that's pretty much one tank, which lasts me about 275 miles. Seems like a lot, but it's only 40 miles a day...that gets me one trip to the local small city for whatever i may need, and the rest of my running around for the week. We just bought some bikes and next summer i plan to make good use of them! lol

Susie Q said...

I will look up the book by Dr. Oz. Thanks for the tip. It certainly couldn't hurt.