Thursday, November 29, 2007

1-800-GOOBER


For those of you who do not know..a Goober in my world is someone paid to help you that does not now anymore than you do.

Yesterday I got a message on my cell phone that said I had a new photo. Downloaded and got a text message that said; "All your contacts have been deleted...hope you have fun putting them back in".

Holy Crap Batman!!!!

Called my cell provider. For English press 1..for Espanol press end..if you can't speak English call back when you can....sorry, off track!!!

This is my comversation:

This is GOOBER can I have your cell phone number?

xxxxxxxxxx

Yes C-A-R-O-L-I-N-E how can I help you?

It's Carolyn..no "I" in my name Caro-lynn

Yes Caro-line....

Explained about the picture and he said WELLLLLL Caro-line a picture cannot deleted your contacts are they still there?

If it cannot delete why ask me if they are still there? Beside it only said it was a picture..it was really a text message.

Are they there Caro-line?

Yes Mr GOOBER they are there but I have not turned my phone off. Will I loose them?

NO but......I have never heard of this. Someone is messing with you.

If an Email can kill your computer..why can't a text message kill your contacts?

Beside it was not anyone I know...they put a g on puttin" we don't use "G's" here.

WEll Caro-line can I help you anymore?

I didn't know you had helped me at all..........

No comments: