Sunday, December 2, 2007

Oh Christmas Tree, Oh Christmas Tree



First weekend in December ..time to put of the tree. This is my tradition although it seems a little early this year.

Pulled the stuff from the attic ( not basements here) and decided what would be usable and what needed to be trashed. After looking a the tree decided it was time to retire it and move up to a prelit. No stringing lights...where have I been????

With new prelit in hand...decorated and put in the living room. Running the AC cause it is 75 here today. Something wrong with decorating a Christmas tree with the AC on.....

Then it was time for the fireplace...why do people in South Alabama put fireplaces int hier homes. I have lived here 5 years and have never been able to lite the fireplace.




Anyway..

Love my Santa'a and NO I did not make them. The writing gene did not morp into the ART gene. Cannot not color a picture much less paint stuff. That is why I love Craft Shows!!!

Off track.....

The Santa and the tree on the end are pieces of flat wood painted...how smart. The other 2 are ceramic and one is from Walmart...hey I need something to even out the setting.

As you can see there are no gifts under the tree...me and the dog hadn't wrapped them when I took the picture. Got then wrapped but not under the tree yet....



I LOVE CHRISTMAS AND ALL THE THINGS THE SEASON STANDS FOR.....why do we have so much tolerance and forgiveness this time of year and not all the time...ya just gotta wonder

2 comments:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Doncha just love pre-lit?? The older I get, the more I think I'd also like pre-decorated! Then, it would be sooo easy. I suppose that's supposed to the the fun of it, but I just want it up and done so I can enjoy!

Your tree looks great - sorry about the fireplace- we had 12 incles fo snow here (nanner nanner) but it's much prettier to look at than to scrape, shovel,chip, snow-blow, slip and watch get all yucky-grey with dirt.

You can have some of mine! I'd send you some if I could - so consider your self snowed upon!
Colleen

Senior Bowler-Carolyn said...

Colleen,

Didn't get your snow but got the cold. It was 76 yesterday and 32 this morning with frost on the ground that almost looks like a lite snow......all right!!!!!!!!!!