Monday, December 17, 2007

OH Baby , it's cold....cooler outside



We finally got cold (cooler) weather..although it is fleeting. Temp dropped from the mid 70's to the low 40"s on Sunday night and was in the 30"s this morning when I got up.

Hate the cold -makes my bones ache..but it needs to be cool for Christmas. Frost was on the ground when I came to work and I could wear one of my new thin sweaters for the first time this year.

Maybe it will be cool enough to make quickie chili...not a cook so easy is good for me.....It is good with cornbread..yes I said cornbread

Recipe for quickie chili:
1 lb hamburger meat
1 can stewed tomatoes
2 can Ranch syle beans
1 pkg Chili mix
Chili powder to taste

Brown meat..drain and add all the other stuff...simmer until you get ready to eat it..It's so gooooood


It will be back in the 70's on Thursday but for now I am enjoying this cool spell....that's Southern for cold weather in South Alabama.

1 comment:

Colleen - the AmAzINg Mrs. B said...

Chili sounds great! And I loved the artwork of Santa...Thanks for visiting and I always look forward to and love your comments - you're a hoot!
Blessing to you & yours for a wonderful Christmas!!!
Colleen